Adirondack Cycling Advocate’s Committees: Current and New Projects for 2020
• Student Coalition Workshop: Present Adirondack Cycling Advocate’s “Bicycle Safety” Power Point program at the Lake George Summer Student Workshops for foreign students participating in the Summer Work Travel Program.
• Bike Safety Programs: Meet with high school representatives to introduce a “Bike Safety” program to be included as part of high school physical education curricula.
• Bikeway Cleanup Day: The organization meets to pick up garbage along the length of Warren County Bikeway
• Planning and funding support for the following 2020 projects have been initiated: Halfway Brook Trail (signage), Connector Path from Halfway Brook to the Feeder Canal, The Hub single-track trail expansion, Single-track Trail adjacent to Rush Pond Way, French Mountain Trail Project, West Mountain Trail Initiative
• Trail Expansion: Work cooperatively with Warren County municipalities, businesses, organizations, and private citizens to develop, and expand both existing and new trails
• Path Expansion: Work cooperatively with Queensbury, Glens Falls, A/GFTC, and Warren County to assist
with path design of the next phase of the Connector Path Project (Halfway Brook to Feeder Canal).
• Annual letter-writing Campaign: Identify roads and shoulders of roads in need of repair and repaving. Communicate with government officials, associated DOT officials, and the Adirondack/Glens Falls Transportation Council to support increased funding for the improvement of the identified roads.
• Road and Bikeway Signage: Work with Warren County DPW and municipalities to add and install essential directional and bicycling safety signage on Warren County roads and the Bikeway.
• Repaving of Beaver Pond Road: Work with County and municipal officials to repair and resurface the seriously degraded surface of Beaver Pond Road for the safety of bicyclists.
• Work with the Bicyclists Bring Business Coalition (including Parks & Trails, NY), Warren County municipalities, local businesses, and citizens to build and expand bicycle facilities and services necessary for this area to become a bicycle-friendly community/region.
• Adirondack Sport & Fitness Expo, Adirondack Days at the Legislative Office Building in the “Well”, Albany , and other events: Maintain Adirondack Cycling Advocate’s kiosk to use as a display booth at expos/events for the distribution of promotional materials. Schedule volunteers to welcome the public, promote safe bicycling, and advertise opportunities for bicycling in Warren County.
• Communication updates: Send emails about bicycling news/events to Adirondack Cycling Advocate’s Mail Chimp subscribers and post on the Adirondack Cycling Advocate’s Facebook page.
• Empire State Trail Gateway Signage: Work with Canalway officials to design the entrance/welcome sign for the intersection of the new Empire State Canalway Trail and the Feeder Dam Trail.
• Bicycling Safety Coverage: Increase media coverage (letters to the editor, press releases, spot reminders).
• Create new Adirondack Cycling ‘Brochure: Plan and design layout for the new Adirondack Cycling Advocate’s brochure to include informational
material and all-inclusive maps; print and distribute the new brochure to replace the existing brochure.
• Design and print Adirondack Cycling Advocate’s promotional materials: distribute throughout Warren County, expos and events.
• Identify opportunities to attract cyclists; enhance the Glens Falls area’s reputation as a cycling destination.
• Website: Maintain and update the design and content of the website.
• Work with graphic designer to develop a Warren County Bikeway logo for all bikeway signs and maps.
• Warren County Occupancy Tax Application, Queensbury and Lake George Occupancy Tax Applications: Work with the Chair and Treasurer to complete applications for these yearly grants.
• Fundraising Events: Identify new fundraising activities and opportunities to support the operation of Adirondack Cycling Advocates.
• New Grants: Research national, state, organizations; identify/apply for grants for Adirondack Cycling Advocate’s programs/projects.
• Annual Harry Elkes Ride: Manage this annual ride.